Earth and Me
If the day breaks and I'm not here,
Dont blame yourself.
It was just the constant reminder of beauty that this world has marked me with.
I cant stay so long that my heart gets filled with concrete and plastic,
I crave dense forest, untamed waves, paths covered by the weather.
And though the city lights can keep me warm, the stars that light the night hold my desires.
I am continually held by this earth.
I fear the day I am unable to roam freely about this vast creation, bound by age and habit.
Although, I await the day of passing with great expectations.
My mortal heart cannot contain the pleasures of heaven, I'll gladly leave it with my limbs and flesh
Forever to embelish this planet.
Dont blame yourself.
It was just the constant reminder of beauty that this world has marked me with.
I cant stay so long that my heart gets filled with concrete and plastic,
I crave dense forest, untamed waves, paths covered by the weather.
And though the city lights can keep me warm, the stars that light the night hold my desires.
I am continually held by this earth.
I fear the day I am unable to roam freely about this vast creation, bound by age and habit.
Although, I await the day of passing with great expectations.
My mortal heart cannot contain the pleasures of heaven, I'll gladly leave it with my limbs and flesh
Forever to embelish this planet.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home