corpus delecti
I stood on a cliff,
Fist raised and clenched,
Holding on to everything I stood for,
To everyone I loved,
I screamed,
I let it all out.
And it all poured out into the empty revine,
Flowing out of my soul,
Out of my heart,
Everything I kept so close,
Went down the river.
I screamed so much,
I lost my voice,
I saw my heart leap out into the waters,
I watched my soul fly south for the winters,
I witnessed my boiling blood leaving my body.
And what is left of me?
What can be said for me?
My grip loosened,
My hands let go.
Fist raised and clenched,
Holding on to everything I stood for,
To everyone I loved,
I screamed,
I let it all out.
And it all poured out into the empty revine,
Flowing out of my soul,
Out of my heart,
Everything I kept so close,
Went down the river.
I screamed so much,
I lost my voice,
I saw my heart leap out into the waters,
I watched my soul fly south for the winters,
I witnessed my boiling blood leaving my body.
And what is left of me?
What can be said for me?
My grip loosened,
My hands let go.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home