the circus act
If you watch me closely,
I'll turn into who you once loved.
Oh, how I'll tie my body up,
Light myself on fire,
Jump from a pedestal,
Just for you,
Just for you.
If you watch me closely,
I can rip out my insides.
Oh, how I'll twist and turn,
To master my disguise.
I'll burn my body up,
And throw it down the quarry.
Just for you,
Just for you,
I'll soak up all this glory.
If you watch me closely,
I'll never shed a tear.
I could flood a river,
I could bend the year.
Oh, how you'd wait for me,
To become who you once loved,
I'm sure you'd watch the mountains fall,
Just for me,
Just for me.
If you watch me closely,
I can die with charm.
Oh, how lovely I can look,
Daisies in my arms.
I'll awake long enough,
To see your eyes soften,
To the fact I am me,
I'm sure you'd walk away slowly,
Just for me,
Just for me.
I'll turn into who you once loved.
Oh, how I'll tie my body up,
Light myself on fire,
Jump from a pedestal,
Just for you,
Just for you.
If you watch me closely,
I can rip out my insides.
Oh, how I'll twist and turn,
To master my disguise.
I'll burn my body up,
And throw it down the quarry.
Just for you,
Just for you,
I'll soak up all this glory.
If you watch me closely,
I'll never shed a tear.
I could flood a river,
I could bend the year.
Oh, how you'd wait for me,
To become who you once loved,
I'm sure you'd watch the mountains fall,
Just for me,
Just for me.
If you watch me closely,
I can die with charm.
Oh, how lovely I can look,
Daisies in my arms.
I'll awake long enough,
To see your eyes soften,
To the fact I am me,
I'm sure you'd walk away slowly,
Just for me,
Just for me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home