the reprecussions of a seriously heartbreaking break up
maybe it was expected. maybe I knew it all along, I just didn't want to accept it. I still don't. Bear with me as I quote Ben Gibbard
Will someone please call a surgeon
who can crack my ribs and repair this broken heart
that sure deserved it
for better company
I can't accept that it's over
and I will block the door like a goaly tending the net
in the third quarter
of a tied game rivalry
so just say how to make it right
and I swear I'll do my best to comply
Oh Ben, you complete me.
I was clinging to something that was never tangible.
Giving away to someone that didn't give back.
Hurting myself more and more by letting it happen.
I knew it was coming, I predicted it, yet I was completely blindsided and shocked to hear it.
And they're only doubts that we're counting on fingers broken long ago,
I read with every broken heart we should become more adventurous.
Will someone please call a surgeon
who can crack my ribs and repair this broken heart
that sure deserved it
for better company
I can't accept that it's over
and I will block the door like a goaly tending the net
in the third quarter
of a tied game rivalry
so just say how to make it right
and I swear I'll do my best to comply
Oh Ben, you complete me.
I was clinging to something that was never tangible.
Giving away to someone that didn't give back.
Hurting myself more and more by letting it happen.
I knew it was coming, I predicted it, yet I was completely blindsided and shocked to hear it.
And they're only doubts that we're counting on fingers broken long ago,
I read with every broken heart we should become more adventurous.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home